Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

REEL and Artist Statement and Final Course Reflection

Sorry to say that I couldn't get my reel to work and imbed so I will simply send you where you can find it or you can look me up on facebook. It is posted on my wall.(Rachel, I emailed it to you.) I will continue to try and still post it if I can.


THANK YOU GUYS FOR AN AWESOME SEMESTER!


Here goes... final statement from a Day in the Life of David Cordell.




Wow, how far have I come since the beginning of class?  It's quite obvious considering I didn't even use any of my footage from my first portrait of a place assignment. I liked what Clayton said in class today when he referred to his interests in film making.  He said he was always interested in film, but it wasn't until this class did he truly get addicted and build an obsession for the art.  I could completely agree with that.  Three things that I learned and gained from the class were, first and foremost, relationships with my fellow peers, a huge jump in technical abilities and ideas, and a solid start.

I was most impressed by learning and gaining a working relationship with my classmates.  By gaining an understanding and trust in each individuals unique talents, a beautiful thing called collaboration is created, and through that, we can't paint some beautiful pictures.  I liked that no one had the same style and that I could easily tell who I worked well with and would like to again in the future.

As far as technical abilities go, I was just finally able to get my hands on a good camera.  I honestly want to buy a good camera but have never been familiar enough with the technology to convince myself to purchase a good camera.  I would just get mad that I didn't know how to work it. Luckily I was already decent at lighting so I was able to concentrate on other things.  I've become obsessed with nature. well, always have been i guess, just one film this time.  

Lastly, I feel like I jumped into this department knowing no one at the beginning of this semester, head first, without having a clue what a c-stand was or ever having any kind of cool footage I could call my own.  I just feel like I got a really good start.  I'm excited about what my reel will look like at the end of next semester, or that I even have on in the first place.  I feel like I already have a good resume going and that's great.  Overall, I enjoyed the class.  It was one of my favorites for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment