Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Favorite Short Film


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4WkB8i8D4c

Sink or Swim, a mocumentary about a male synchronized swimmer, is not my favorite but is certainly a good example of the feel I would like out of my mocumentary that I want to shoot in the spring.  All the shots have a good contrast of light and a great feel to the depth of feel.  I think that there is a great relationship to take the documentary style to a made up comedic story.   Like I said, its not my favorite I don’t guess but the feel of it is great. Quick shots to keep the energy up and great edits and conversations made the film.  I love finding a spot to set up for and interview.  In a mocumentary you can do a lot with the set behind the character being interviewed and make subtle hints about the plot line or whatever. I just love the idea of having the ability to control what interviewees say, not by asking the right question to get the right answers but rather writing their answers in order to set yourself up for a better question, more in depth, maybe crazier and funnier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment