Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Screwin up = Learning (Portrait of a Place)

Overall, I feel like I learned a great deal more from hearing the, obviously, more experienced classmates talk and give advise about each others projects.  I can't even express how much I learned about the process of setting up certain shots (f-stop, shutter speed tricks, camera movement, etc).  I also got a kick out of having not only good, but bad examples to work with and discuss.  I can say this because mine was amongst the most terrible.  In the movie and scene critic world, its easy to get lost in the work and not notice certain effects and techniques.  In fact, it's even more noticeable if techniques cease to be used at all. It's hard to talk about something close to perfection until you note the works that are far from it.  I can't wait to get another camera in my hand and work on another project.  I feel like I can do nothing but improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment